Tenant Find Service
Our fees for the tenant find service are equivalent to the first month’s rent or £495, whichever is the higher, and include the following:
- The first step is to allow our team to complete a property assessment; this ensures that the property meets legal compliance and also our minimum standards as a company for
- the properties we offer, using the Housing Health and Safety Rating System (HHSRS) to help define the categories.
- Property Fire risk assessment.
- Legionella Risk assessment.
- Following on from the assessments we will provide recommendations for improvements ensuring compliance and helping to maximising your returns.
- Rental advice and rental valuation of the property to coincide with the rental market.
- Advertising the property through a standard Skeffington Properties advert in the local journal (unless the landlord states differently).
- Advertising on the Skeffington Properties website and social media pages. Our website has a large directory of registered tenants seeking good quality secure properties.
- Creating a Tenant welcome pack, which will be supplied to your tenant covering the essential elements required to cultivate a successful Tenant/Landlord relationship and any property particulars.
- Carry out a review of the prospective tenant to ensure that their profile type matches with your selected tenant requirements (working, student, housing benefit, no pets, etc ).
- Check credit history including confirmation of bank account details, employer’s references and previous landlord’s references where possible. Any prospective tenant must provide two forms of identification inclusive of picture identification. We also seek to ensure the applicant has or is residing at the address provided.
- Creation and termination of tenancy agreements, including all receipts for moneys received.
Friendly, Respectful, Trustworthy, Competent & Inventive
We have five core values that we work towards every day. We listen to opinions of our tenants and landlords and strive to meet your needs, as we are dedicated to delivering the highest of standards. By investing in the best teams and constantly enhancing our skills, we are able to continually improve the quality of our ideas for your benefit. Above all, our number one priority is being wholly open and honest to gain, grow and maintain your trust.